Well, the finally parts that I needed to start tracking vocals has finally come in the mail. The Cloudlifter got here yesterday. With that, I have added in a new gain reduction plugin specifically designed for the vocal style I am hoping to achieve.
With that, there is nothing holding me back from moving forward with the current project. And, the main thing left to do before working on post production things like mixing and master, it laying down some vocals. I’m going to admit, I don’t have a lot of experience as an aggressive singer. All of my past work has been in the folk genre. So, this is definitely going to be a challenge. But, a challenge I am excited to tackle. This coming week I plan to work through some of the presets for tracking the vocals. Once I find something I am happy with it just comes down to warming up my voice and working of some guttural techniques.