After some major contemplation, I made a big decision for the project. I have decided to change directions with the project by focusing on writing and producing a post-hardcore, art-rock, indie-rock, spoken-word, style of music rather than the deathcore slam that I was working on.
With that, I revamped the website and the bandcamp page with future releases in mind.
Now that I have the 6-string guitar, I already have a few songs finished that I am really proud of. I am going to work on finishing a 5 song release soon. The project has a very Listener meets MewithoutYou sound (in my opinion).
Right now, the site has my last full length posted for your listening pleasure.
It was a big decision, but I feel like it was the right direction.
Well, I got a new guitar last night. It may not be anything super special, but I got it for free-fifty-free. The squire is probably only worth about $130. I am at that point with writing that I am ready to go back to working on softer stuff here and there (indie-rock), but the only electric I have is the 8-string. So, last night I took a bunch of my old tour gear out of the closest and went to Guitar Center. I had a specific guitar in mind, but they didn’t buy nearly as much stuff from me as I expected them to. So, I went with what I could walk out with free of charge.
I messed with it last night a little in the studio, and it actually sounds pretty good. Even got a little something-something recorded that I like.
Now I have two options in the studio (record deathcore or indie). Going to have to start getting these old vocals warmed up. I haven’t done any real singing since my tour days.
We both agreed on a great idea for a concept EP. We’ve been working at it pretty hard. Today was our first lyric/vocal writing session. I am really excited about this project, one… because of the concept theme… and two, because it is leaning way more slam than metalcore.
My bass guitar ate the dust for the last time. Over the course of the last few months I have been having issues with it. And well, after my third trip to the repair shop I was finally told I should probably just dig a hole and bury it.
And so, I did.
As a result, I got a super slick 5 string.
I am really excited about this new bass. It has way more pop that the last one and I really do think it will bring a little more edge to the mix. Although this is an epic upgrade, there is a pretty lame downside. Now that I have upgraded the bass, all of the bass takes for the current EP that we are working on are no good. I now have four songs that will need to re-track all of the bass parts.
It’s annoying. But, in the long haul it’ll be worth it.
Studio upgrades are always fun!