After some major contemplation, I made a big decision for the project. I have decided to change directions with the project by focusing on writing and producing a post-hardcore, art-rock, indie-rock, spoken-word, style of music rather than the deathcore slam that I was working on.
With that, I revamped the website and the bandcamp page with future releases in mind.
Now that I have the 6-string guitar, I already have a few songs finished that I am really proud of. I am going to work on finishing a 5 song release soon. The project has a very Listener meets MewithoutYou sound (in my opinion).
Right now, the site has my last full length posted for your listening pleasure.
It was a big decision, but I feel like it was the right direction.
Other than having a ton of people come over today to grill out with a water slide and trampoline for the kids on Labor Day, this weekend the wife and I got a lot done around the new house. We hung a lot of pictures and cleaned the place up. With that, I finally got some of my old band shirts from back in my tour days framed and hung up in the studio space as well. Not only that, but I gave my 8-string guitar and my bass the golden treatment with a cleanup and new strings. I recorded a little something with them last night just for fun, and they literally feel and sound like I just bought them.
I don’t even want to know how many man hours I have put into updating this website layout now that I have a new band member and an upcoming full length album to pitch to labels soon. I spent the last three or four nights staying up “waaaayyyy” past my normal bed time getting this thing laid out to completion.
But, it is finally done. And now, with that phase of the new release completed, I can get back to doing the final edits and mix-down for the upcoming release. Since today is Sunday, August the 4th… I think I will be ready to pitch to labels by Sunday the 18th at the latest.
Fingers crossed of course.
This week Russell and I took a few photos to prep the website for a revamp while also having a few extra to put together with the EPK packet that we plan to put together soon. This EPK will be used to pitch the upcoming album to a few different record labels.
But anyhow, with no further ado… here are the few photos that I’ve taken the time to actually edit.
Thought I would drop in real quick with an update since I’ve got nothing better to do right now. I came down with a little bug and I took the day off from work. Since I am laid up in bed in my PJ’s with a fever and runny nose, I might as well post a quick little something.
Russell and I have been working really hard to get this project done. We only have one more vocal session left before we are done tracking. Because of this, I have started working on final edits on some of the songs that are done. By the time we sit down and do the final set of vocal takes, I will likely have a final mix down figured out for the album.
If we get the final session completed next week, I am hoping we will be ready to start pitching to record labels by the end of August. This means that we have a lot to do before that time. We will need to finalize album artwork, get some promo photos done, etc.
We have already locked down one album cover that we really like. And, we have picked out a few places around town to take some pictures.
Lots to do.
I am excited about this album and working with Russell.