It has been a long time coming since the conception of this site earlier this summer. But, I finally got around to putting together the church page and its sitter pages. With that, there are now six new pages added to this site.

UPDATE

Rather than lay out a big fat defining blog post that explain each page and why I decided that they are worth adding to the site, I suggest you just take a minute to visit each one for yourself. It was a lot of work putting each page together, but I am glad that I took the time to do it. I still need to go back and read through them all, because there are likely some type errors.

Until I find the time to do that, it is what it is.

Well, the dreads didn’t last very long. After spending all that time, effort, and money into getting my dreads looking tight and clean, I decided to cut them off. To be honest, I was happy with them. I liked them a lot and felt like they were the right size and length. But, at the end of the day I think it is important to keep in mind what your spouse thinks. The lady friend, although supportive, didn’t really care for them that much.

me

So, with that… they are gone. I miss having them, because like I said, I liked how they turned out. But, at the same time I like that my head isn’t weighed down anymore. And besides, it feels good to be able to rub my scalp. My dreadlock parlor will be disappointed to find that I cut them off after all that work, but oh well. No turning back now. The fact that I cut my hair is the main reason why you will find that I totally redesigned my website. Since I don’t have that haircut anymore, I felt like I should take those photos down.

So, I did.

I think the new site design turned out to look almost as smooth is my scalp.

Well, now that studio has been up and running for several weeks now I have compiled a small list of what I need to actually complete it. Technically, no studio is ever complete, because you can always add or upgrade things. But, I have compiled a list of “must haves” in order to actually produce and record the music that I’m aiming to do.

For example, although I have several mics from back in my touring days, those aren’t the types of mics you would want to use in a recording setting. So, a recording mic is definitely a must have if I am going to track vocals in the studio. And since I am not the type of vocalist that does much projecting, a condenser mic with proper shielding is what I will need.

With that, here is a breakdown of the things I feel are needed to totally transform my newly formed studio into a complete studio for the genre that I will be creating.

popfilter

Although I already have a pop filter, the one in my Musician’s Friend Wish List is a metal mesh pop filter, which means it will last longer and sound better. The condenser mic is probably the most interracial part of this entire list. Without it my writing process is at a standstill beyond just writing and recording some rhythm sections. With vocals added to the mix, the sound can change dramatically. Sections can become shorter or longer. Even removed entirely. Without the mic at this stage in my writing and recording, it has mostly just been concept writing (Just song ideas if you will).

The Midi Keyboard would be the next big ticket thing so that my songs can contain some depth to help fill the empty spaces where needed.

The only other thing on this list is the guitar rack, which I don’t technically need. But, if I did get it that would help free up a lot of space and make things less cluttered in my recording space. If you count my gear from back in my touring days, I have two banjos, two acoustic guitars, and a mandolin (not to mention several propulsive instruments). As part of the studio, I’ve added on an 8 string electric guitar and a bass.

With that, these instruments are starting to pile up all over the place.

I’m not going to be getting any of this stuff any time soon since I have a lot coming up in life with a career change, an adoption, and relocation. But, once we are settled into the new house and a routine, these are definitely going to be a must have.

So, I have officially had Cubase up and running for about two weeks now. Although my time in the studio has been limited, I already have a one song rough demo almost completed. I have one more track to add. After that it will be time for me to do some mixing and mastering.

cubase-screenshot-01

Right now, releasing a rough cut demo-single isn’t so that I have a new release or anything like that. I just decided that it would be easier for me to learn my way around the recording software if I did a project from start to finish right off the bat. Releasing this one song (rough demo) is just my way of showing those of you that care to know… what I will be getting into once I get serious with it (a taste of what’s to come if you will).

My goal with this project now that it seems to be becoming a reality is simple. After I release the one song demo to show you guys the direction I am headed with A Martyr’s Oath, I intend to work on a full length record that, when the time is right, would pitch to some indie level Christian -Deathcore record labels just for fun.

I don’t know when I will be releasing the demo song, but it is likely to be pretty soon. I already started doing some of the initial mixing last night. I am pretty happy with how it’s turning out, considering the fact that I have zero post production experience in the studio.