Too Much Bass and a Cover Art Reveal

Now that the upcoming album has been completed for a little more than three weeks, I haven’t taken a listen to it in a long while. With a fresh set of ears finally coming back to it, I have decided that I have made a “beginners” mixing mistake. I’ve mixed in way too much bottom end with the bass and the kick drum.

hqdefault

With that on the table, once my AC gets fixed, I am going to spend a few weeks doing a new mix down of the project before it gets released. I was happy with the project before, but now that I’ve stepped away from it and have come back… taking my time, I think I’ll be much happier with the entire thing since I’m taking it slow by not getting into a hurry to release it.

Lastly, since I will be taking a little longer to release the album I thought I would go ahead and show off the upcoming album artwork. The concept was something that Russell wanted to do. His sketch didn’t look quite like this… but it was his sketch that made me decide to go with this design mock-up.

full-lengthCD

Tracking for the New album is Complete

Well, we finished tracking for the new full length album. I am super excited, because we finished several weeks earlier than I expected too. Not only was today a recording session, but a writing one as well. Today we wrote and recorded lyrics off the cuff. And I have to say, Russell came though. Because today’s lyrics are probably my favorite ones on the album.

unnamed.jpg

I plan to spend the next few weeks doing edits and a final mix down on everything.

Other than all of the post edit and mastering (which I am still a total newb at), we are getting ready to start pitching to labels soon. Album artwork is done. Recording is done. Between now and post production finals we plan to get some promo photos around town to be sure we look the part.

Yeah, you know. lol

Anyway, getting this home studio up and running has been a lot of fun. I’ve very happy to have gotten it off the ground. Just wondering why I waited so long to do it.